FOOD TECHNOLOGY (30/06/2021)
Q1. Shrink wrapping is also known as _________?
A. Stretch wrapping
B. Bundle wrapping
C. Orbital wrapping
D. None of the above
ANSWER: Bundle wrapping
- EXPLANATION– Shrink wrapping is also known as Bundle wrapping. Shrink wrapping is a packaging process where a group of products is wrapped in shrinkable plastic films which hold the product firmly after exposure to hot air. It eases transport and inventory management. Since they held together with a group of products, they are also known as bundle wrapping.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (30/04/2021)
Q2. The term WVTR related to packaging stands for _______?
A. Water vapor transmission rate
B. Water vapor traveling ratio
C. Water Vapour transfusion rate
D. Water Vapour transmission resistance
ANSWER: Water Vapor Transmission rate
- Explanation: Moisture vapor transmission rate is also called water vapor transmission rate (WVTR). It is a measure of the amount of water that passes through a material over a specific period of time.WVTR is measured in mg/Day per container.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (20/06/2021)
Q3. The term “gravure” in packaging talks about which of the following process?
ANSWER – Printing
- Explanation – Gravure is a type of printing process. It is a direct transfer method for printing onto wood-pulp fiber-based, synthetic or laminate substrates such as polyesters, nylon, paper, carton board, aluminum foil, etc. They are used in the manufacturing of food packaging, labels, and non-food packaging materials.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (10/06/2021)
Q4. In sensory science QDA stands for?
A. Quality definition and assessment
B. Qualified Director for analysis
C. Qualitative Descriptive analysis
D. Quantitative descriptive analysis
ANSWER – Quantitative Descriptive Analysis
- Explanation-Quantitative Descriptive Analysis (QDA) is a behavioral sensory evaluation approach that uses descriptive panels to measure a product’s sensory characteristics. Panelists are trained to measure the specific quality attributes of the product to yield quantitative product description which can be analyzed statistically.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (30/03/2021)
Q5. The egg packs and trays used for apples and other fresh produce are example of _________?
A. Laminated paperboard
B. Molded pulp containers
C. Crafted paperboard
D. Oldest form of paperboard pack
ANSWER – Moulded pulp containers
- Explanation – Molded pulp packaging is made from a variety of fibrous materials, such as recycled paper, cardboard, or other natural fibers (sugarcane, bamboo, wheat straw). Molded pulp containers are designed with round corners and complex three-dimensional shapes. They are used for eggs, apples, and other fresh produce.
READ MORE – FOOD TECHNOLOGY (29/06/2021)